Kolowa Equestrian is proud to offer English riding lessons geared toward a fundamental understanding of true horsemanship all while promoting a safe and fun learning environment for beginners through advanced level riders. Through basic dressage fundamentals and a focus on detail, our lessons produce effective Hunter/Jumper riders and horses. Lessons involve not only riding instruction but will also provide the student with knowledge of the complete process of riding. Students will be responsible for grooming, tacking, and untacking their horses at each lesson.
At Kolowa Equestrian we design an individualized training program to meet your personal goals for you and your horse. Our beginner program has been designed to focus on the basics of form and function to develop a solid foundation all while having fun. While our Advanced Program helps to fine tune the Equestrian Athlete allowing them to reach even the highest of horse and rider goals.
- $65 – 1-hour private
- $50 1-hour group (2-3 per group)
- $45 1/2 – hour private
- $50 1-hour private
- $40 1-hour group
- $40 1/2 private
Practice Rides and Leasing:
- $25 – 1 Hour Practice ride
- Half and Full Leases May Be Available At Times – Price To Be Determined
Note: All riders must have a signed Liability Release on file.
Kolowa Equestrian is proud to offer turn-key horse show services. When you are ready to take your lessons to the show arena, we offer a fantastic experience for you so you can put all your hard work to the test and have fun in the show arena.
2021 A Rated Show Schedule
- 17th -31st World Equestrian Center ‘A” Ocala, FL
- April 8th – 11th Showplace “B” Crete, IL
- 29th – 5-2 Ledges Spring Warm-up “A” Roscoe, IL
- 18th – 23rd Kentucky Spring “A” Lexington, KY
- 25th-30th HITS Showplace Spring Classic 111 Wayne, IL
- 1-6th World Equestrian Center “A” Wilmington, OH OR BraveHorse “A” Johnstown, OH
- 16th – 20th Split Rock Tour “A” Lexington, KY
- 29th –Aug 4th Show Place Summertime Roscoe, IL
- 6th -11th HITS Showplace Summertime “A” Wayne, IL
- 13th-18th World Equestrian Center “A” Wilmington, OH
- 27th –Aug 1st Equifest “A” Roscoe, IL
- 9th -15th World Equestrian Center “A” Wilmington, OH
- 14th -19th Fall Classic @ Lamplight “A” Roscoe, IL **M&S Midwest Finals**
- 16th -21st World Equestrian Center, Wilmington, OH OR Tryon in Tryon, NC
2021 Schooling / Local Show Schedule
- 24th– 25th Wild Air Schooling Show Zionsville, IN
- 15th-16th Wild Air Schooling Show Zionsville, IN
- 26th -27th Wild Air Schooling show Zionsville, IN
- 17th– 18th Wild Air Schooling Zionsville, IN
- 28th – 29th Wild Air Schooling Zionsville, IN
- 25th – 26th Wild Air Schooling Zionsville, IN
- 9th – 10th Wild Air Schooling Show
2021 Dressage Shows
- 8th IDS Schooling DRESSAGE Show Edinburgh, IN
- 12th – 13th DRESSAGE Classic Edinburgh, IN
2021 Summer Camps
- 14th – 18th (Open Camp)
- July 5th – 9th (Open Camp)
- July 22nd -23rd (IEA / IEA Prospect Camp)
Outdoor Hunter Arena
Climate Controlled Tack Room
Indoor Riding Arena
Meet The Horses
AGE: 15 year old
BREED: Quarter horse gelding
DESCRIPTION: Sam is our back bone of our program. This guy is the best of the best. He teaches beginners from 3 years old and up and takes nothing but the best care of his riders. He shows in everything from groundpoles to 2’6” jumpers to the hunter ring and wins. This guy can do it all. He is a sweet as he can be, with a bit too much personality on most days, always keeping it fun and entertaining to be around.
AGE: 16 year old
BREED: Thoroughbred chestnut mare
DESCRIPTION: Her name says it all. This mare likes to Jump! Still successfully competing in 3’6” jumper divisions she is a ton of fun to ride and show. Absolutely no stop, spook, or bolt with the heart of a champion. This little mare is our Lambourghini addition to the farm.
AGE: 12 year old
BREED: Warmblood/welsh cross paint pony mare
DESCRIPTION: With as much sass as she has beauty, Dia keeps our students learning how to ride quietly and softly but effectively. She is small but mighty. She is an essential part of our program. She has brought her riders to top ribbons in the hunter and equitation rings.
What People Say!
Brandy- in case I don’t see you that day and can’t give you a giant hug, please know how much I value the positive mentorship you offered to Corynn when we moved up here. Finding you was the best thing that could’ve happened for Corynn! You’ve been instrumental in her growth, have provided a wonderful safe atmosphere where she’s been able to build some great friendships, and have encouraged her to snag every opportunity she can get to improve.
We will miss you, and I know that both Corynn and Valentino will also miss their barn buddies.
The facilities are top-notch and we couldn’t be happier.
, David R
I can tell you without a doubt, this is a fabulous place to have your kids. The atmosphere is nurturing and fun but don’t let that fool you. Brandy really knows how to coach and get the best out of the riders and horses in a supportive and caring way.
, Beth J
Wonderful trainers! Teaches life lessons not just riding skills!
, Freedom K
What a great professional place to learn from experienced staff! Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable!
Great, professional place!, Aaron P